Friday 2 May 2014

Patron of Reading!



I have some very exciting news – I've been asked to become the Patron of Reading for 2014 -15 at Titus Salt School in Yorkshire! I've already visited the school to run a creative writing workshop, and I'm thrilled that I'm going to be working with them more closely.

The Patron of Reading scheme encourages schools to form a partnership with a designated children's or YA author, with the aim of promoting and nurturing a love of reading. As part of my role at Titus Salt, I will be doing author visits, writing a newsletter and much more –  I will post more details here when I have them.

Thanks for having me, Titus Salt, and here's to a great year, I hope!


2 comments:

  1. How fab is this!!!! Well done - and well deserved, Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Yippee* - Blogger let me comment ... now I'll quit while I'm ahead ...

    ReplyDelete